I am on a journey to live a life I love and to fill my life with the things that truly bring me joy... my dream job, loving relationships, financial abundance, a healthy mind and body, and a deep spiritual connection with all that is. I am living consciously to create a life filled with all the things I love.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Organic Food Delivery

I received my organic produce delivery from Urban Organics in NY. This is what the box looked like:

I must say, I was a little surprised that it just came in the cardboard box with no insulation, nothing to protect the veggies and fruits, and everything was just placed on top of each other. I guess I was spoiled by Chicago's Fresh Picks. They have everything in this nice reusable plastic container that they pick up from you the following week or whenever you schedule a pick-up. It also has insulation inside that keeps it cool just in case you come home late on the day of delivery. I guess just putting everything in a box is an economical and eco-friendly way to do it as well. I'm just glad I finally have fresh organic veggies and fruits! It's much cheaper than buying at the grocery store.

I didn't take any additional pictures since I was eager to just unpack it, so I'll take more photos of it after the next delivery. We scheduled for every 2 weeks just in case we don't go through everything because we're eating out or traveling. It does look like it's a week's worth of produce, so we may increase the delivery time and possibly add an additional juicing box. I'm considering juicing and using the pulp to make some baked goods for breakfast. I'm slowly going organic and vegetarian so that I can make it a lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...