I am on a journey to live a life I love and to fill my life with the things that truly bring me joy... my dream job, loving relationships, financial abundance, a healthy mind and body, and a deep spiritual connection with all that is. I am living consciously to create a life filled with all the things I love.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Organic Vegetable Garden!

I planted my very first organic vegetable garden on June 12, which coincides with the first day season 6 of my 100 day reality challenge. I had been wanting to plan an organic garden since last year and have been dreaming about the day that I can properly do it and have one big enough that I can actually feed my family just from the veggies from the garden alone. I know it will be a while before that can happen, but in the mean time I decided I had to start and learn how to garden.

I don't get much sun inside our new home since the main window is north facing, but the plants get maybe an hour of sun in the morning, and they have still been growing! I've been so surprised.

Here's a picture of the organic garden after just 4 days after I planted it!

Here is a video of my organic vegetable garden at just a little over a week after planting!



I'm going away this long weekend, so I really hope our pet sitter will take care of the garden while I'm gone. I'm hoping to plant some more new seedlings so that I can eat from the vegetable garden in batches once they are all ready to harvest. Once I get back from my trip, I will also try to buy some containers so that I can transfer them outside! I'm assuming they will grow much faster with much more sun. Exciting stuff! I was worried since I haven't been known to have a green thumb in the past, but I guess these little seeds have given me more confidence to continue. How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...