I am on a journey to live a life I love and to fill my life with the things that truly bring me joy... my dream job, loving relationships, financial abundance, a healthy mind and body, and a deep spiritual connection with all that is. I am living consciously to create a life filled with all the things I love.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Preparing for a New Year


 For those of you who celebrate Christmas, I hope you had a Merry Christmas yesterday! I am currently in Florida with family and enjoying the peace and quiet. It is nice to be surrounded by grass and trees and have time to spend time with family and my new pup Winston. He's been very good, both during the car ride down and adjusting to a new environment. What a proud mama I am.

Now that I have had a few moments to think, I start thinking about what I would like my 2010 to look like. I have already started thinking about things here and there that I would like to see in my life next year, but the most important thing that I realize that I need to focus on is creating balance in my life where I can make time and space for all the most important things in my life. In the past, work has consumed my life to the point that I have neglected and sacrificed eating habits, exercise, fun, and sleep. This coming year I want to make time for all the things that I have on my long term list of things I wish to do and start the process of incorporating them into my life. These are things such as learning a new language, cooking, building a strong yoga practice, and building a business that I enjoy that also brings me financial independence.

Rather than creating new year's resolutions this year, I am going start making time for the things that bring me the most joy and create a schedule where I can regularly engage in these activities. Using my emotions as my guide, I am going to move towards the things that light me up rather than bring me down. So far, it has been working to help me create a life that is so drastically different than the one I had known just a year ago. I have so much more energy, purpose, motivation, and happiness despite all the work I have had to do. This year is fine tuning the balance in my life so that I can live a life with a schedule that I can sustain for years to come.

What are the things that you've been meaning to change in your life that you'd like to focus on this coming year? Take time to reflect and start planting seeds that will sprout into your best year yet. :) Wishing you peace, love, joy, and prosperity for 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...