I am on a journey to live a life I love and to fill my life with the things that truly bring me joy... my dream job, loving relationships, financial abundance, a healthy mind and body, and a deep spiritual connection with all that is. I am living consciously to create a life filled with all the things I love.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Making Space for the New

In order for new things to come into our lives, we must make space. This is what I did today with my closet. After battling my closet for years, I decided to just let go of things I did not like and make space for things I love to come into my life.

I am simplifying in order to make my life more abundant. Less clutter means more time, more focus on the things I love, and an easier and more pleasant life. After years of experiencing clutter and having too much stuff, I know first hand that clutter and excess creates stress. Have you ever seen a spa or relaxing retreat area loaded to the brim with things? I didn't think so. And there's a reason for it.

You cannot find peace amidst chaos and clutter. Maybe you can if you are an ascended master or an enlightened guru, but why make it more difficult for ourselves? Just let go and trust that the universe will always bring what you need when you need it. You can only receive the blessings of earth when your arms are not already full. Hanging on to old things just means less mobility and a feeling of being weighted down.

Watch my video of me letting go of old clothes in my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...