I am on a journey to live a life I love and to fill my life with the things that truly bring me joy... my dream job, loving relationships, financial abundance, a healthy mind and body, and a deep spiritual connection with all that is. I am living consciously to create a life filled with all the things I love.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fashion Design Classes

I've started taking classes at F.I.T. this summer to prepare me for my official fashion studies program at Parsons this fall. I'm taking a bunch of classes from sewing, fabrication, sketching, to knitting. Classes began this past weekend, and so far I'm having a lot of fun. Here are some photos I managed to take from my first sewing class.


Since I have already taken a bunch of sewing classes, I found that I am more advanced for this class, but I'm always glad to take classes from different teachers because I always learn something new that I never knew before. Here I am practicing sewing straight lines.


Then, we moved on to sewing squares to practice corners.

And finally, here are some triangles:

Here is a picture of my final straight lines and squares.

This was the first time I used an industrial sewing machine, so there were a few new things to learn that I didn't have to know on a home sewing machine. The industrial machines sew much faster and they have a knee pedal that lifts the pressor foot for efficiency. By the end of the class, my right thigh was a bit tired from moving the pedal to the right over and over again. I guess that's one way to get a workout.

The final result of this class will be a pair of pajama pants! I'm going to go shopping for the fabric within the next couple of weeks. It's funny how I've been intending to make pajama pants for years now. I purchased a pajama pants pattern and some flannel to make pajama pants for my husband but never got around to it. Finally, finally, I am going to make pajama pants. Yey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...